Tuesday 19 September 2017

| My BIG News |



Hey guys!

As I write this I am shaking with nerves and excitement.

So…I have some BIG NEWS! Eeeep. I’ve been ‘trying’ to keep this on the ‘down’ low since the beginning of the year, I say ‘trying’ because it’s been so hard to keep to ourselves and most our friends and family already know. You may or may not have noticed that I have been very quiet over the past year with regards ‘fun’ activities, holidays, nights out , shopping etc. in comparison to last year where we absolutely had the time of our lives travelling here and there and generally doing lots of fun stuff! Well, that’s because we have been saving HARD! Because in January…. 

Drum roll please…..











We are moving to SYDNEY AUSTRALIA!!
 

I have literally been dying to announce this news ever since we made the decision back in February this year. Obviously, I wasn’t going to jump the gun back then because it was still early days and I wanted to secure my visa first and set a date for the actual move. But now that it’s all finalised I can finally reveal my news! Eeep. We have been saving our every penny over the past year and moved house back in June so that we could save on the cost of renting. Both Shane and I are very lucky to have my sister and her husband here in London who were happy to have us while we worked and saved for our big adventure.  



Funnily enough, Australia was never a destination that I had ever had a ‘calling’ for per-se but I have always always always wanted to travel the world. I just always thought that it would be America or Canada that I would venture to first with my type of work. It was also always my plan that when I finished university and got my degree that I’d move across the water to Canada but after living in London for 9 months during my third-year work placement in 2015, myself and Shane decided that we would take small steps and try out London together for a little while first. We didn’t know how long we would be here but it was always the intention that we would eventually move on. Work was plentiful and we both snapped up good jobs in the first week of moving over here so we settled quite easily and began really enjoying London life. So, 2 years on and we are ready for a new chapter and new adventure. Australia as a destination only really started to appeal to me in 2016 when my best friend made the move and was having the time of her life. She kept telling me to come over and the more I thought about it the more I was like ‘Why NOT!?’ ‘What’s stopping me??’. I started speaking about it with people and nearly everybody would say to me ‘Australia would totally suit you and your lifestyle’ with regards my work, fitness interests, the sun-worshipper within me, and my inner travel bug.  So here we are haha actually going for it.
 

We’re obviously not the first and we won’t be the last to emigrate but it doesn’t take away from this being a big thing for us. I cannot tell you how excited we both are! It still feels quite surreal to think about. The thought of it actually makes my stomach curl, in a good way and a scared way but I think that’s only going to be natural. I mean, home won’t just be an hour flight away. We’ll literally be at the other side of the world! That’s the scariest part. I’m going to miss my mum something terrible, it will break my heart leaving her and all my family and friends. The actual living, working and settling in a new country doesn’t scare me as much but I think that’s because I’ll have Shane and having a companion will obviously make it 10 times easier. We just feel so ready for this, like now is our time to go, explore and fulfill our dreams! So many people of late have been asking me when I’m going to get married, when I’m going to have kids and those thoughts haven’t even crossed my mind being totally honest! Obviously we’ve had the chats but I’m 26 - there’s still plenty of time to be settling down, buying houses, getting married and making babies!  Absolutely nothing wrong with that either, it’s all in the pipeline for us too don’t get me wrong but, not just yet ;) We’re just going at our own speed. There’s no real plan as to how long we’ll stay in Oz but we both have 1 year working holiday visa’s so, if we like it, then the hopes are that we’ll be sponsored with our jobs and stay on for a second year but who knows, we’ll take it as it comes. Que sera sera.

So there we are. Delighted to finally be able the share my big news with you all. I’ll make sure to keep you guys updated on our travel plans!

Big Love Guys!

Aileen X
 
Snapchat: missaileencrowe


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy every minute of your new adventure xx

    ReplyDelete